Frequently Asked Questions
What are the event times?
- First Fridays – Friday, June 5 | 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Cultural Parade – Saturday, June 6 | 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Heritage Festival – Saturday, June 20| Noon – 9:00 PM
Are there accommodations for people with disabilities?
JuneteenthKC in hosted on streets, along sidewalks, and in parking lots in and around the 18th & Vine Historic District. It is not the most convenient area to navigate for guests with disabilities but we do our best to make it as accessible as possible.
Designated handicap parking spaces will be available on Vine Street & Paseo. State-issued tags are required and spots are available on a first come, first served basis.
Can I bring children?
Of course! JuneteenthKC is a family-friendly event and aims to provide engaging activities for attendees of all ages!
However, youth age 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult chaperone AT ALL TIMES. Unaccompanied youth will be not be permitted within the parade and/or festival grounds at any time.
Is there seating?
JuneteenthKC does not provide seating however, you are welcome to bring lawn chairs and umbrellas to post up and watch the days events.
What happens if it rains?
JuneteenthKC activities will be hosted RAIN OR SHINE!! Please note that we anticipate hot temperatures so be sure to hydrate appropriately and bring plenty of bottled water.
Can we bring pets?
JuneteenthKC is a lover of animals of all kinds, however, pets CANNOT attend JuneteenthKC sponsored events unless they are licensed service animals.
Are there prohibited items?
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Outside food and drinks (BOTTLED WATER is OKAY)
- Bottles and cans
- Coolers, picnic baskets, backpacks, suitcases, large beach bags, etc.
- Weapons (firearms, knives, pepper spray, stun-guns, concealed weapons, etc.)
- Illegal drugs
- Chemicals, fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.
- Skateboards, roller skates, ice skates, roller shoes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, swag, etc.
- Bad attitudes and negativity
- Other items deemed inadmissible by event management
All bags, jackets, purses, and guests are subject to search upon entering the event.
Event Management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the item, the guest may either be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of the item. Infringement could result in being ejected from the festival.