Thank you for your interest in volunteering for JuneteenthKC 2018! We are delighted by the friends and supporters who want to lend a hand and help us make JuneteenthKC a one-of-kind experience for our guests, talent, sponsors, and city.
There are many ways to support JuneteenthKC! We have opportunities on Saturday, June 2 and Saturday, June 16. Thank you for volunteering for the best role to fit your skills and experience.
All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Shifts are typically four hours. Each volunteer receives a free souvenir T-shirt as well as an invitation to the exclusive Volunteer Appreciation Party.
Sign Up Today!
For groups of volunteers, please directly contact JuneteenthKC@gmail.com
JuneteenthKC 2018 Volunteer Positions
- Assist the production team with stage construction
- Assist with main stage artist sound check
- Assist DJ's and bands with set-up, equipment placement and removal
- Assist with event setup
- Placement of event trash boxes throughout parade/festival grounds
- Equipment setup (tables, chairs and tents)
- Sign placement and banner hanging
- Removal of event trash/debris
- Removal of trash boxes at end of day
- Artist check-in
- Production assistance to program director
- Host/special guest/personality check-in
- Booth layout set-up (chalking boundaries)
- Vendor check-in and booth assignment
- Vendor safety check
Greeters/Customer Service Team
- Greeting event patrons and guests
- Assist with attendee program questions
- Distribute program materials
- Provide directions to attendees
- Assist with execution of SEVERE WEATHER PLAN (if necessary)
Kid Zone Monitors - *Must complete background check*
- Active monitoring of Kid Zone Activites
- Parent/Youth check-in at entrance
- Distribution of Kid Zone materials
- Traffic flow by keeping children moving through activities